We’ve got an exceptional career opportunity for an exceptional Contract Senior Convention Manager. We are offering more than a job. It’s a step up the ladder---with the responsibilities and recognition you have been looking for. We look for a highly skilled, experienced professional Convention Manager who has the desire to advance this position into a possible career position---through continued high performance.Candidate should reside in greater Indianapolis area.
Responsible for the strategic planning and organization of booth activities at major conventions and ensures that the event runs smoothly. Delegates duties to staff members and coordinates work with appropriate personnel. Works under a great deal of pressure planning for each detail of the booths.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Congress Management experience with product launches and brand lifecycle strategy
- Train, coach and mentor current and new convention manager team members
- Identify opportunities for process improvements across the congress channel
- Provide strategic input in the development of client materials (i.e. Strategic Business Review, client meetings and presentations).
- Includes but not limited to high level overview of tactics and implementations from prior quarter congress activations (renderings, debrief highlights, current and future state of business).
- Manages multiple projects at one time through the different planning phases to obtain necessary information in a timely manner.
- Partner and work effectively with brand teams and suppliers to create and implement exhibit programs that maximize marketing and corporate objectives at conventions:
- Identify and recommend strategic sponsorship and advertising opportunities to Corporate Communications and Marketing teams that support and maximize Sanofi corporate and brand image at key medical conventions.
- Build rapport and maintain relationships with exhibit managers at medical associations; coordinate and liaise with associations on exhibitor advisory boards.
- Develop and execute a project plan for each convention ensuring flawless, on-time execution:
- Independently direct pre-show and on-site activities for conventions, including development and of managing all kickoff meetings, ongoing communications, procuring exhibit space, ordering literature, attendee registration, booth staff assignments and scheduling and planning and facilitation of training of booth staff.
- Manage and document program details surrounding and supporting project delivery; observe deadlines and prioritize project calendars as required.
- Manage and direct logistics team to design exhibit properties, graphic panels, interactive material etc. and deliver the highest quality, on time, within budget.
- Travel to and oversee onsite logistics at all Tier 1 conventions. May act as “lead” supervisor when there is more than one exhibit at Tier 1 shows.
- Continually look for efficiencies/synergies in planning and executing convention presence.
- Obtain all feedback from stakeholders using standard templates and tools
- Develop and manage individual and overall convention budget on behalf of brand team:
- Plan and execute conventions and conferences within the established budget.
- Report back spend details allocating costs appropriately.
- Ensure budgets are not exceeded and all documentation is accessible.
- Provide quarterly reporting based on annual budget
- Ensure all convention activities are compliant with company policies and guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of at least one key department focused project such as specific vendor or process management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts and to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Resourcefulness - Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet the customer's changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement and ultimately perfection by identifying opportunities and accessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs. Without request, is a model example for all team members both internally and externally by consistently maintaining a positive mindset and encourages other team members to act in the same manner.
- Dependability - Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Meets deadlines and performs at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
- Ethics - Exemplifies and integrates code of ethics into all aspects of management. Supports and upholds the organization's standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS:
- Analytical Skills - Synthesizes complex or diverse information using intuition, research and experience to complement data provided.Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends a specific course of action.
- Business Process Improvement - Takes steps to improve or correct errors and expand overall products or services.Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks.Supports an environment conducive to change and foster free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.Ability to create or interpret graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Problem Resolution – Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results.Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution.
- Productivity - Stays focused and uses time efficiently.Prioritizes work effectively.Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to assignments or role.
- Drive to Perform - Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals.Works effectively with others to achieve goals.Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus.
- Technical Skills - Ability to understand and interpret the laws, rules, policies, procedures, or systems related to the job.
- Technology - Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs.Writes or interprets computer programming for various purposes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SALARY: $28:00 to $35.00 DOE
- BS or BA degree
- Ten (10) or more years of industry related experience and/or training
- Successful implementation of tier A, 1 or top tier and/or large multi-brand exhibits
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an Account Management role.
- Ability to lead project teams
- Ability to work independently on assigned accounts
- Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to read construction plans, set-up drawings and floor plans
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; drive, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee will be required to work long hours as needed.
The position described above is a general outline of the job's responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management.
Interviews for this position have begun. To take advantage of this opportunity you must submit your resume as soon as possible to our recruiting firm: Kemperassoc@hotmail.com.