Our client is located about 20 minutes West of Pittsburgh. They are fast growing and in a very interesting business. This role is KEY to their continued growth.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for market analysis; growing new school relationships; managing existing schools; developing marketing campaigns; controlling communications; overseeing the website content and development; supervising the hiring of related staff; and directing the day-to-day activities of the Marketing and School Relations departments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function(s).
• Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics necessary to achieve systems and goals. • Oversee and provide direction to market research and competitor analysis.
• Create a market reporting function that can track, measure, and analyze performance.
• Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure.
• Provide marketing skills and expertise to the company by building, developing and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
• Coordinate strategic direction for promotion and advertising.
• Direct the hiring, training and performance evaluations of Marketing and School Relations staff and oversee their daily activities.
• Build, develop and manage direct campaigns aimed at building partner school relations and student enrollment.
• Provide leadership to the School Relations department and evaluate overall performance and effectiveness of the department.
• Work with the School Relations department to develop an annual school partnership plan based on growing new school relationships and promoting student satisfaction.
• Develop a process to cultivate existing school relationships and manage communications between partner schools and the School Relations department.
• Participate in annual pricing strategy, balancing company objectives with partner schools and student satisfaction.
• Oversee partner school agreements.
• Work with the Creative Lead to write, design or edit website content and to ensure the company brand is properly represented.
• Create content for print material based on the needs of the Marketing and School Relations departments.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent working knowledge of sales and marketing.
• Display a strong ability to guide, direct and motivate direct reports.
• Must be able to coach and develop others.
• Collaborate with different departments to complete important projects and initiatives in a timely and efficient manner.
• Provide guidance and expert advice to management and other departments on technical, systems, or process related topics.
• Effective at problem solving and conflict management with an ability to determine effective solutions.
• Skilled in analyzing data or information.
• Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening and public speaking) skills. • Must be service oriented with a focus on helping others.
• Experience with customer relationship management software- Salesforce.
• Exhibit an understanding of graphics or photo imaging software.
• Knowledge of webpage creation and editing software.
• Proficient with sales and marketing software.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualifications (Education Requirements/Experience):
• A minimum of 15 years related experience in marketing and sales.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
This position manages all employees in the School Relations department and the Creative Lead and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the Marketing and School Relations departments.