This dynamic department is looking for an HEOR professional (AD Level)
he/she will be responsible and accountable for project execution and strategic support for Company’ products throughout their lifecycle. He/she will help to develop and implement US economics and outcomes strategy for one or multiple therapeutic area(s). This is a strategic as well as a technical position with project-specific responsibilities. This individual will ensure that rigorous health economics and outcomes research analyses and studies are conducted to support the clinical, economic and functional-outcomes-related value proposition associated with the Company’ portfolio. Additional focus areas will relate to collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop HEOR Scientific Communications and Medical Communications to be used in interactions with public & private payers and healthcare providers.
The Associate Director will collaborate with other Medical Affairs functional areas and Clinical Development Teams for all aspects of effective project management, including RFP development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget planning, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications and into field resources/deliverables in alignment with strategic imperatives. In collaboration with Marketing and the National Accounts Teams, the Associate Director will also align HEOR strategies with brand marketing, pricing and contracting, thereby optimizing patient outcomes and market access.
This position will report to the Head of HEOR and work closely with home office and field medical and HEOR colleagues. Other home-office relationships include National Accounts Team, Brand and Payer Marketing teams, and Clinical Development. Field-based relationships include clinical and academic KOL relationships, managed care entities, consultants & vendors, and professional associations/conferences.
· Acts as a home-office liaison and key contact point for HEOR with Brand and Payer Marketing, clinical development, Medical Affairs, and field-based teams
· Collaborates with internal and external experts in the execution of studies and implementation of field-based, customer-focused initiatives (e.g., models, scientific communications, slide kits, formulary/regulatory dossiers)
· Designs and develops pharmacoeconomic models, including decision analytic models, cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models and disease treatment models
· Assists in the development of product dossiers
· Identifies and maintains successful research relationships with HEOR key opinion leaders and other clinical/academic consultants
· Supports the development of HEOR strategies and assist in creating tactics for economic value & quality of life arguments during product development and launch to support pricing and reimbursement across primary customer segments
· Provides additional internal training on HEOR methodologies and data results to key internal colleagues
· Provides technical oversight and guidance to research and research support staff. Serve as an internal support and key resource for research design, methodologies, analytic techniques and reporting of health economic and outcomes research
· Works closely with Scientific Communications, Clinical Development and other home office and field colleagues to ensure scientific conference material is appropriate, relevant and accurate
· Works with Clinical Development and Medical Affairs to help optimize Phase IV clinical trial design, inclusion of appropriate value endpoints/metrics, and data analysis, as appropriate
Specific job responsibilities:
· Supports the development of clinical, economic, and patient centered value propositions related to Company products/therapies Supports the development of the AMCP and other value dossiers, peer-review publications as well as process and quality of care tools that support formulary decision making and treatment of appropriate populations
· Supports HEOR training activities in support of field-based medical personnel including Managed Markets Accounts
· Provides fiscally responsible and quality oriented vendor management activities in support of our evidence generation activities
· Represents the Company Medical Professional Services department for HEOR-related activities at external professional, scientific meetings and forums
Desired skills and experience:
· Advanced degree in health services discipline and/or Clinical Degree (PhD, MD, DO, PharmD, RPH, DNSc) with Master’s degree in Public Health, Pharmacoeconomics, Outcomes Research
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in performing economic data analysis, econometric modeling, and real-world outcomes research in the pharmaceutical industry or consulting
· In-depth knowledge of the Healthcare industry including the pharmaceutical industry R&D, clinical research and commercialization (marketing & sales) as well as the managed care marketplace, hospital systems, and integrated systems of care
· Competency in medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials, drug development and outcomes research, pharmacoeconomics including a deep understanding of research methods, health economics, and related disciplines
· Highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, deal with complex issues, and relate to multiple internal and external stakeholders
· Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
· Demonstrable record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused EVEO tool development
· Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgment skills
· Knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
· Neuroscience/CNS therapeutic experience preferred
This is a Global Pharmaceutical company located in Waltham, MA.
Competitive salary, generous bonus, full benefits and relocation