The Associate Director of Marketing is the evangelist for our organizations resources, leading the Product, Trade, and Consumer marketing teams to develop excellent and compelling marketing for our organization and contacts. The person in this role provides strategic input to the Executive Director of Marketing and other senior leadership and empowers the marketing teams to implement brand awareness, nurturing and sales campaigns and tactics which provide leads to sales or direct purchases through e-commerce sites.
The Associate Director of Marketing encourages close collaboration with editorial teams and design teams to make efficient use of content and to coordinate marketing with editorial processes. The person in this role is a leader, coach and at times participant in the creation and design of promotions, campaigns and sales resources. As a leader, the Associate Director of Marketing fosters cross-promotion and overall solution thinking which is interesting to our customers and ensures all marketing efforts are data-driven.
Essential Job Functions (*=Non-essential tasks):
- Directs the implementation of overall promotional messages and brand.
- Conceives and enables coordinated nurture and promotional campaigns.
- Oversees public relations and brand awareness.
- Drives consumer marketing nurture and promotional campaigns.
- Implements a strong digital marketing function and regular reporting.
- Integrates marketing to significantly expand B2B and B2C commerce purchases.
- Oversees and fosters excellent web cast offerings and the use and reuse of webcast content for marketing campaigns.
- Drives continuous improvement in the marketing process, including marketing automation, with demonstrated return on investment.
- Collaborates with editorial and sales leadership and fosters collaboration and co-development of campaign, promotion and sales strategies.
- Establish clear metrics and associated measurement for success and regular reports on results including responses and leads.
- Ensures that marketing efforts are defined and prioritized based on data.
- Proactively conducts industry research, customer interviews, product reviews, and surveys or focus groups to refine messages and to provide guidance for products
- Implements project-based marketing efforts as needed, such as product launches or special incentive offers
- Ensure branding guidelines are enforced and communications reflect brand among all materials.