DIRECTOR OF MARKETING SERVICES
Our client is a 750+ person, national, multi-disciplined professional consulting firm, has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing Services. This is a senior-level position in the Pittsburgh corporate headquarters office. The Director of Marketing Services will manage a talented team of marketing professionals with responsibilities for supporting the marketing, business development, and sales efforts of 19 offices. The marketing staff provides both internal and external services; including proposal and qualification preparation, graphic design, public relations and communications, trade shows and conferences, professional resumes and publications, and the firm’s social media presence. The Director of Marketing Services should have a minimum 20 years of diverse marketing and business development management experience with professional services firms. Successful management of a growing marketing group is a prerequisite, with demonstrated abilities to assess, evaluate and make improvements to the structure and functions of the team. Candidates should be facilitators who have worked in collaborative environments to foster staff growth and development and improve the firm’s marketing services. Capabilities and experience should include:
· The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
· The ability to manage interdisciplinary marketing and business development functions
· Familiarity working with designers, writers and creative staff
· The ability to assess the current structure of the marketing team and determine areas for growth, improvement and efficiency
· Knowledge of emerging trends in the marketing of professional services and communications
· Development and implementation of brand strategy; including focused campaigns, events, digital marketing and public relations
· Knowledge of website design and analytics
The Director of Marketing Services should be a strategic thinker capable of planning, developing strategy and evaluating return on investment for marketing functions. The Director will be a liaison between the marketing team and senior management in terms of identifying needs, strategy and direction. The Director will work with management to determine strategy and focus for individual offices and markets, create marketing/business development initiatives to advance those efforts and work with management and the marketing team in implementation.
The company culture includes a commitment to client and business development of all technical staff, from initiation of their management responsibilities through senior leadership positions. The Director of Marketing Services will assist the firm’s senior management team and office leadership with collaboration and support in the implementation and improvement of client development programs. This will include nurturing and development of staff within a client focused business development culture.