Do you enjoy telling compelling stories using digital engagement? Do you create stories that empower others to become change agents and inspire them towards collective action?? Check Out This Gig !!!
The Digital Director plays a key leadership role in the program department of GPUS: leading the organization's digital strategies around engaging and mobilizing supporters, fundraising (in collaboration with the Development Department), community management, campaigning, and storytelling.
With direction from the Program Engagement Director, the Digital Director serves as one of the strategic thought-leaders for the organization and manages the day-to-day work of the digital department; as well as coordinates with other departmental leaders to develop an integrated program that delivers campaign victories, a stronger organization, and a more powerful movement.
The Digital Director's responsibilities will include the following elements:
- Oversee Greenpeace USA's digital mobilization and supporter engagement strategy, including online-to-offline/distributed organizing in collaboration with the Grassroots Department, campaign digital strategy, fundraising, advocacy, and online community management;
- Ensure Greenpeace USA is using best digital practices and performing at a high level on digital channels in order to grow the organization and deepen its engagement with supporters;
- Maintain a culture of learning, experimentation, and iteration across all our channels. Seek out new practices and learnings from others both within and outside the global organization;
- Manage a high-performing team of digital professionals, including supervising managers in the department. Coordinate with other managers in the department to allocate staff resources appropriately, manage staff, and foster a team that is fit to purpose
- Lead a department that has an overall ambitious and creative strategy for utilizing digital platforms to reach and engage people to broaden and deepen our supporter base, as well as deepening our audience understanding and experiment with data-informed online engagement practices;
- Collaborate with leadership of other departments and other Greenpeace offices around the world to develop ambitious and creative strategies for engagement and supporter-centric campaigns, including leading Program staff in the application of CRM tool functionalities and identifying new opportunities resulting from new systems at our disposal;
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of a robust training initiatives for other Program Department staff to expand the number of people who can develop and deliver content on our digital channels; and,
- Work with digital team, as well as the Program Engagement Director, to develop departmental priorities, objectives, staffing, and budgets, and track throughout the year.
Successful applicants must possess these qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years leading digital campaigns, communications, and/or fundraising, with significant additional expertise organizing, fundraising, and/or communications.
- Strong management, budgeting, analytical, and organizational skills, including at least 5 years of management experience supervising professionals and/or directing large,projects;
- Successful experience leading and collaborating on projects or teams in a large, complex organization
- Comfortability with balancing ongoing and new priority pushes by effectively managing the evolving balance of priorities with their mandate to experiment and innovate;
- Adept at leading highly-skilled, diverse, and remote teams;
- Track record of successfully developing and leading innovative projects with a strong commitment to testing and learning;
- Excellent planning skills and ability to work with multiple teams across numerous projects, set and review goals, assess risks and outcomes, and analyze data;
- Willingness to experiment with, open engagement platforms & bringing supporters together online for Big Organizing work;
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in cross-cultural settings and global experiences;
- Deep commitment to the organization's values on Social Justice; and,
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.