Business Development Manager
San Francisco Financial District
Our client, a global leading source of data and intelligence for the financial services industry, is seeking a Business Development Manager “BDM.”
The Role: Our client seeks a BDM to nurture and grow existing customers and find new client accounts within the US-West Coast territory.
The Impact: The individual will be part of a team responsible for strategic planning within their set territory and be required manage the business and all related activities, including extensive travel across the region. They will be required to drive sales and open new avenues of growth.
Your Skills: Experience in a B2B corporate environment, solution selling; Organized and display time management skills.
The duties and responsibilities of a successful BDM are to drive sales and open new avenues of growth, meet or exceed monthly sales quotas and goals in addition to the activities outlined below:
- Extensive customer-facing activity including prospecting new clients, ongoing development of existing accounts and driving sales. Understand in depth the customers’ business, identify their needs and provide a solution that will add value to their business. Attending conferences when required which will assist in strengthening the company brand.
- Via phone, email and web ex, manage renewals face-to-face and strengthen relationships with existing accounts. Service customers and prospects with quotes, engage in product demonstration and provide sample products. Prospecting new business and manage incoming leads. Maintain a high lead to sales close conversion rate.
- Reporting and internal administration to include; CRM activity log, monthly reports to management, order administration, creating renewal analysis and preparing proposals. Build strong profiles for top 20 clients which will continue to provide value to our customers and identify risks and opportunities.
- Gather strong working knowledge of competitive intelligence
- Develop sufficient company product, technical and alternative investment market knowledge
- Develop and deliver to management quarterly territory strategy plans
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal departments to achieve goals.
- Min. 3 year sales experience in similar discipline
- Experience in a B2B corporate environment, solution selling
- Organized and display time management skills
- The candidate should have excellent communication both verbal and in writing
- Proven experience in conducting face to face presentations
- Experience in handling medium complexity contract negotiations
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with end user and decision makers
- Strategic mind set
- Highly proficient in MS Office and using CRM systems
- Working knowledge of the data vending industry preferred
Compensation / Benefits: Competitive compensation and bonus structure (team oriented). Excellent benefits (401k) and perks. Support for study programs such as CAIA.
Contact : Susan J. Wright, President, SearchWright, Inc. email@example.com