Our client, a family owned and operated, specialty B2C eCommerce company, is looking for an experienced, data-driven and hands-on marketing leader to join their growing marketing team.
We are seeking an energetic B2C Marketing Lead - eCommerce to head the strategic development, testing, and optimization of our acquisition and retention programs, develop standards and procedures for successful digital and traditional marketing campaigns and initiatives, work closely with and manage directly a team of multi-channel marketing experts and work continuously towards company goals - increasing the number of customers and lifetime value of our brand.
The B2C Marketing Lead - eCommerce will be responsible for growing our multi-channel business through strategic direct marketing efforts. As a change-ready company, we hold true to "what got us here, won’t get us there". As such, this leader will be responsible for blending marketing fundamentals with new approaches and technologies. The best candidate will have the dual ability and motivation to optimize the fundamentals of direct marketing activities, AND be adept at testing, leveraging, and capitalizing on trending marketing tools to anticipate what’s around the corner – a true hands-on manager and strategic leader.
Highly motivated and organized, this marketing leader is skilled at engaging people in teamwork, driving quality output, and empowering people to think in new ways and contribute ideas. Key responsibilities will involve establishing disciplines and standards, building a team prepared to accomplish new kinds of work, and collaborating with high performing peers running our other departments.
• Plan, manage, and execute new customer acquisition campaigns across key acquisition channels (SEO/SEM, re-targeting, social, mobile, email, direct mail, lead gen, etc.) from idea through execution, including determining the optimal creative, channel mix, and budget allocation
• Be the steward and manager of customer analysis - segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts
• Develop the vision, data-driven strategy, and tactics for how we use key advertising channels (including referrals, email, social, content, search, direct mail and catalog) to drive growth from both first-time purchasers, as well as our most loyal VIPs
• Create, execute, and continually optimize a customer life-cycle marketing strategy to drive repeat sales and build loyalty
• Perform marketing performance analyses, conduct A/B and multivariate tests, establish reporting infrastructure, track, analyze performance, and communicate results
• Thoroughly communicate all marketing results and customer behavior in non-marketing-speak to the marketing, creative, merchandising, and finance teams. Teach merchants how customers truly behave and respond and coach them on what works and what doesn’t
• Manage financial objectives, budgets, performance metrics that result in increased LTV
• Identify, establish, and maintain agency relationships to meet marketing goals
Business Goals and Results
• Collaborates with the CEO in developing, executing, and managing the short and long term goals of the strategic plan
• Manages financial objectives, budgets, performance, and productivity metrics that result in improved earnings growth and return on investment
• Establishes and oversees all activities of the marketing department, including demand planning, catalog circulation and analysis, web traffic development, web conversion optimization, customer file management, customer reactivation, and customer acquisition.
• Responsible for determining and monitoring KPIs (key performance indicators)
• Introduces continuous improvement programs and strengthens operational capabilities as the company grows Leadership
• Builds strong relationships with all departments and drives a culture of service throughout the organization
• Motivates and gains buy-in from the team during times of change
• Plans, assigns, oversees workflow; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems
• Builds strong, productive, and engaged teams
• Collaborates with company resources to create effective training programs
• Responsible for developing clear job descriptions, measurable performance objectives, regular opportunities for feedback and performance conversations, and action plans for career development
• Communicates a compelling and inspired vision that inspires and motivates entire units/organizations
• Genuinely cares about people and showing interest in employees’ work and non-work experiences; being available and ready to help; engaging with real empathy about the joys and pains of others.
Strategic Resources and Projects
• Negotiates key contracts and manages vendor relationships
• Defines and manages key projects such as upgrading and/or switching eCommerce platforms
• Applies knowledge to improve and expand policies, practices, trends, and integration of information/data
• Collaborates with leadership team for consistent decision making across the enterprise
• Brings rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions and looks beyond the obvious, willingly challenges the status quo
• 10+ years of direct marketing experience at companies in the $30-50MM sales range; prefer catalog experience
• Proven ability to effectively grow a multi-channel business through low cost new customer acquisition
• Proven ability to effectively hire, motivate, develop, and manage a team of 8+ people
• Proven ability to effectively create, manage, execute, and report on direct marketing activities, including catalog, email, SEO, PPC, mobile, social networking, etc.
• Hands-on experience with a marketing cloud or email service provider platform
• Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills, with the proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
• Competency in basic analysis tools – Excel, Google Analytics, Database query tools, etc.
• Familiarity with testing methodology and desire to drive results through analytics
• Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
• Metrics driven mindset with experience managing P&L
• Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
• Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership